Equi-Jewel - Stabilised Rice Bran
Equi-Jewel® now contains KER BCM (Buffered Mineral Complex), a marine- derived source of several bioavailable minerals that offers three research-proven benefits to horses: improved gastric health; improved hindgut health; and improved bone density.
Alternative sources of Energy, such as rice bran, have recently became more popular to reduce the grain content of equine diets. Equi-Jewel, a high-fat stabilised rice bran supplement, increases the energy density of a ration, thereby decreasing the amount of grain necessary to fulfill energy requirements of horses during growth, lacttation or athletic performance.
Replacing a portion of grain allotment with Equi-Jewel helps to limit starch intake and therefore assist in reduction of the risks of digestive upset often associated with excessive grain and minimal forage intake. EquiJewel can be supplemented to horses of all ages, promoting coat health and shine.
Stabilised rice bran, calcium carbonate, vitamin E supplement
Feed Fact: EQUI-JEWEL is an energy supplement, which should be added to grain and chaff.
In a recent scientific study conducted by Kentucky Equine Research the effects of feeding Equi-Jewel and corn oil were compared. During Strenuous excercise, horses fed Equi-Jewel had lower lactic acid levels than horses fed corn oil. The inclusion of rice bran as a substitute for corn oil in rations also resulted in lower heart rates and subsequent shorter recovery periods.
- Horses requiring extra condition
- Sales Preperation
- Show Horses
- Horse of any age
- Horses suffering from Cushing's Disease and metabolic syndrome
- Managing Gastric Ulcers
- Modifying behvioural concerns
Directions for use
- Adult Horse (500kg) 250g -1kg/day
- Pony (350kg) 250g-500g/day
- Breeding 500g-1kg/day
- Young Stock 250g- kg/day
- Mix well with feed. Introduce Equi-Jewel gradually over several days, starting with a handful.
Equi-Jewel is Designed to;
- Increase the energy density of a ration, however decreasing the amount of grain necessary to fulfil energy requirements
- Altering the diet of horses with PSSM or endocrine disorders such as Cushing's Disease and Metabolic Syndrome
- Helps to limit starch intake and therefore assist in reducing the risks of digestive upset often associated with excessive grain and minimal forage