This week we caught up with Olive Clarke from County Galway for the next rider of the Bluegrass Horse Feeds Behind the Success series. Olive owns and runs Four Seasons Stables with David Scally, specialising in producing and selling quality young showjumpers.
Let’s find out a little more about Olive and what is behind her success?
1) What’s your favourite horse you’ve ridden?
Hands Free from the past. Disco Z from more recent times
2) What horse would you like to have in your stables?
Clinta from Mclain Ward
3) If you weren’t a showjumper what would you like to be?
The wife of a billionaire
4) Favourite horseshow?
Has to be Hickstead
5) Do you prefer the Greatest Showman or Les Mis soundtrack?
The Greatest Showman
6) What’s the one thing in your tack room you can’t be without?
My Flexi Equine tack lockers
7) Have you any routines or habits before you go in the ring?
No habits, we try to be always on time so everyone stays relaxed
8) Do you have any other hobbies or sport interests?
I don’t have any extra time for hobbies
9) Name one competition that you really want to win?
Any of the young horse finals in Dublin
10) What’s your favourite Bluegrass Horse Feed Product?
Turmash. Excellent condition without the fizz
11) When did you start riding?
When I was around 7 or 8
12) First pony’s name?
Blackie, an absolute demon, more potential as a rodeo bull than 1st pony
13) What’s your proudest achievement so far?
Winning the 6&7 year olds in Cavan with Mark Q and Jumping the Hickstead Derby with Spitfield
14) What’s your favourite training exercise?
15) One piece of advice you’d give to young riders?
Don’t be afraid to approach a more experienced rider for advice