The annual Autumn Championships hosted at Portmore Equestrian Centre in association with Bluegrass Horse Feed, was held over 4 days last week (24-27 October).
The four-day show saw some fantastic jumping including two Grand Prix’s, age classes and amateur classes. A new course builder for Portmore Equestrian Centre, Colm Quinn, was welcomed to the venue and did a fantastic job building some challenging courses throughout the four days.
Owners, Rafeal and Chantal Suarez of Portmore Equestrian Centre extend they’re thanks to the sponsors. A new sponsor KPCM signs, teamed up with Bluegrass Horse Feed to sponsor the very competitive 1.35m Grand Prix on Saturday evening won by Frank Curran riding Oliver Twist. Jenny Rankin with Diarado’s Flying Dutchman won the 1.40m Grand Prix on Sunday afternoon sponsored by Bluegrass Horse Feed.
Thursday and Friday held the qualifying classes for the championships on Saturday and Sunday and Friday evening had the 1.30m speed class sponsored by Portmore Equestrian Centre including the Linda Morgan memorial cup won by Sven Hadley and Hawkswing.
Saturday classes included;
- 1m Championship sponsored by Roberta’s Rosettes and won by Sven Hadley and Bobby’s Womanizer
- 1.10m Championship sponsored by Mcfadden Civilos and won by Suzanne Posnett and Karmijn
- Amateur Championship sponsored by CWD saddles win by Sarah Kinnear and Elf Queen.
- 1.20m Speed Championship sponsored by Applemount Sport Horses won by Jonathan Smyth and Coloo Colin, also awarded to Vera Frazer memorial cup
- 4 Year Old Championship sponsored by Nutts Conor Boarding Kennels won by Annie Courtney-Cadam and LCC Tui Two.
Sunday Classes included;
- 1.20m Championship sponsored by Rossbottam Family won by Gerard Clark Jnr and Meranti
- 5 Year Old Championship sponsored by Abbey Upholsterers won by Olivia A Roulston and Clovalent
- 6/7 Year Old Championship sponsored by North West Farriers won by Joanne Blair and Mon Ami
After a busy show the team at Portmore Equestrian Centre have a quick turn around for the third week of the unregistered, Bluegrass winter league on Saturday 2nd November.
Owner of Portmore Equestrian Centre, Rafeal Suarez spoke about the success of the show, “Thank you to all of the competitors who attended over the week and supported this show. We are always working towards making the shows bigger and better, but without our sponsors this wouldn’t be possible. We are looking forward to the Portmore Winter Championships from 22nd to 24th November”.