The year ahead looks exciting for racehorse trainer Ciaran Murphy taking on his trainers licence following the retirement of Dot Love in January and his first win with Enjoy D’Allen winning in Fairyhouse and then eleven days later in Thurles.
Ciaran has been feeding Bluegrass Horse Feed for a number of years and we are delighted to be working in association with him in his next adventure. We caught up with Ciaran to get a little insight behind the trainer.
1. When did you first get into racing?
I started by going to my local point to points with my parents when I was about 10, I then made the transition from eventing to point to point jockey when I was 20.
2. What is the most memorable moment in your career so far?
When Liberty Counsel won the Irish Grand National in 2013.
3. What is your favourite horse in the yard?
Has to be Flindt
4. Why do you choose to feed Bluegrass Horse Feed?
The horses always look and feel great, with a healthy shine to their coats, and have a good topline and muscle tone.
5. What do you look for in a horse that shows you potential
Movement, temperament and natural ability
6. What one tip you would give to other trainers?
Be honest with your owners